NYCSHA Membership Terms
Welcome to membership of https://nycsha.org. There are some rules and conduct requirements for members. As long as you remain a member of https://nycsha.org these rules apply to you. https://nycsha.org is provided by New York City Small Home Owners Association (NYCSHA), their directors, officers, transferees, assignees, employees, administrators, successors, servants and agents.
You made an application to join https://nycsha.org has been accepted! Please refer back to these terms and conditions from time to time.
NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
HAVING YOUR SAY
We expect you to show common courtesy and respect when using our website. In case you do not know what that means, we’ll spell it out.
This website may use services that provide members of the public with the opportunity to publish comments or opinions. You agree to use the services on this website only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular service we provide. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using our website, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy) of others.
- Post or distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Upload any material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control those rights or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload any material that has been altered to remove proper legal notices.
- Download any material posted by another user that you know, suspect or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless we provide a particular forum for those messages.
- Conduct or forward spam, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying our website services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which we proscribe.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Material uploaded to any part of our website may be subject to stated limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for complying with those limitations if you download the materials.
POSTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children anywhere on the internet. We do not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any part of our website where users are able to contribute their own posts and material. We specifically disclaim any liability with regard to those parts of our website and any actions resulting from your participation in using those parts of our website. Managers and hosts of forums and blogs are not authorized spokespersons for https://nycsha.org, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of our company.
MONITORING OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
We are not obligated to monitor the posts and materials published by members of the public on our website. However, we reserve the right to review materials that are posted and to remove any materials at our sole discretion. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion.
MATERIALS POSTED ON COMMUNICATION SERVICES
We do not claim ownership of the materials you (including feedback and suggestions) posted on any of part of our website. However, by posting any information or material you are granting https://nycsha.org, our affiliated companies and necessary sub-licensees permission to use your information or material in connection with the operation of our and their businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your information or material; and to publish your name in connection with your information or material. No compensation will be paid to you with respect to that use of your material or information.
We are under no obligation to post or use any material or information you may provide and may remove any of your material or information from our website at any time at our sole discretion. By posting your material or information you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights necessary for you to post that material or information.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to this website and the related services or any portion of it at any time, without notice. If your membership is terminated, the following provisions will apply.
- Any membership fees you have paid to that time will not be refunded.
- As of the date of termination you no longer have access to the Membership services.
- We are under no obligation to provide you any further information regarding the Membership Program.
- You hereby release NYCSHA from any claim relating to your membership, and NYCSHA releases you from any claim relating to your membership.