The group that fights to protect small landlords and their rights in New York City
Known as New York City Small Home Owners Association, NYCSHA, we are the largest rental property owner association in New York City and the only one that represents small property owners exclusively.
- To be the voice of small property owners.
- To make the ownership of a few apartments be safe, profitable and respected as a business.
- To create equity in the Eviction and Habitability laws that favor irresponsible tenants.
- To encourage the growth and affordability of private rental housing.
Membership in the Small Property Owners Association is open to all
WHO SUPPORT THE RIGHTS OF small property landlords.
What We Do:
Educate the public, the media and legislators about property owner issues. Our newsletter is sent out free to all City Council members and State Representatives and to publishers, editors and reporters in the print and broadcast media.
The Small Property Owners Newsletter. The best property owner newsletter around, delivered quarterly. Up-to-date reports on old laws and new laws for and against small property owners.
- Real owners getting hurt by abusive laws.
- New regulations affecting small property home owners.
- Legislative changes and housing matters.
- Free legal consultation and referrals
- Representation at City Hall and in Albany as laws are being shaped that directly impact small property landlords
- Trainings on key legislation and regulations
- A service directory to include contractors, landscapers, exterminators and more
- A NYCSHA quarterly newsletter
- Educate the public, the media and legislators about property owner issues. Our newsletter is sent out free to all City Council members and State Representatives and to publishers, editors and reporters in the print and broadcast media.
- Educate property owners, so they can become effective in speaking about property owner issues to their friends, neighbors, co-workers and legislators.
With Your Support We Can:
- Organize grassroots lobbying and campaigning to change landlord-tenant laws
- Educate the public, the media and legislators about small property landlord concerns
- Develop a nationwide network of small property landlord groups
What You Can count on us for
To be the voice of small property owners.
To make the ownership of a few apartments be safe, profitable and respected as a business.
Organizing grassroots lobbying and campaigning to streamline the eviction process.
To encourage the growth and affordability of private rental housing.
WHO ARE NYCSHA Members?
We are small landlords, mom and pop landlords, families who live in our own two- to five -family homes, or families that run part-time or full-time rental businesses without hired management.
We may hire carpenters, plumbers, and electricians, but we do all the rest ourselves, and we suffer when things go wrong.
It is the mission of the non-profit NYCSHA to provide owners of small rental properties in New York City with the tools and information necessary to conduct business successfully in this difficult climate. Through our educational programs, publications, and workshops we seek to help our members better understand their rights and obligations, how to work constructively with city and state officials, and how to deal effectively with their tenants. Through legal advocacy, we seek to protect the rights of small property owners against unfair and burdensome regulations!
If you are a small property owner, you need to join NYCSHA!